Having a strong savings plan and the right investment program can mean the difference between handing out shopping carts at Wal-mart when you’re 70 or enjoying the sunset over the ocean from your Florida retirement cottage. Here are great resources to help you prepare for your financial future.
- How to Start Building Your Nest Egg – Forbes.com provides solid advice and several actionable steps to achieving a comfortable retirement.
- Reading for Retirement at Amazon.com. Turn off the TV and invest a bit of your down time now so you enjoy it permanently when you retire.
- How to Retire with More gives you the number you need to target to retire with enough. It’s a bit daunting but the advice gives you that financial target you need to focus on.
- SmartMoney.com provides access to a whole host of financial planning tools including several useful for retirement planning such as: To Convert or Not (Roth to IRA); SM 401(k) Planner; Asset Allocator For Retirees; How Long Will My Money Last? and several other retirement planning tools. Check the financial tools section of this site for additional planning assistance.
- The US Department of Labor aims totake the mystery out of retirement planning with a useful retirement resources page.
Start Now to Plan for Your Future
Whether you’re a twenty something with career and family just unfolding or middle 50s just recovering from the Great Recession start now. Don’t delay because, like they say, “Age happens!” so you might as well enjoy it.
afca Members Enjoy Savings Now
If you’re an afca member an haven’t already, why don’t you take a few minutes to sign up for the special American Fair Credit Association members saving benefits. It entitles you to savings on thousands of essential products and services that you use every day.